Career Opportunities at David Carroll Associates
David Carroll Associates is always looking to add to our amazing team. If you like working with leading edge AV / Technology platforms, thinking “outside the box”, and delivering unique solutions to our world class clients, please let us know.
Please fill out the form below, and upload a copy of your current resume. You may also fax your resume, with a cover letter detailing your interests, to 510. 235.5636.
David Carroll Associates is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Current Open Positions at David Carroll Associates
Position: Installation Site Supervisor – Audio Visual & Broadcast
Job Overview: We are seeking a trustworthy, take-charge individual to join our growing business as an Installation Site Supervisor. The successful candidate effectively manages broad responsibilities; from managing staff and overseeing projects, to maintaining safety protocols and implementing site procedures. Our ideal candidate is professional, experienced, responsible and team focused. This position requires an individual who has a track record of overseeing projects to completion. The Site Supervisor works closely with the Project Manager from the pre-construction walkthrough until handoff to the client. This position requires a person who can take ownership of daily job site responsibilities and exhibit exemplary leadership skills.
• Extensive knowledge of commercial Audio-Visual system designs
• Candidate should possess a minimum of 2 years as a working Site Supervisor in commercial AV installations and a minimum of 5 years of commercial audiovisual experience overall
• Experience installing audio-visual, teleconferencing, corporate video, control systems, and related systems
• Experience using hand tools in the A/V and electronic related trades. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, wire strippers and crimpers for varying types of wire and cable, soldering tools/techniques, construction equipment such as scaffolding, hoists, pulleys, (concrete, brick & block) attachment devices, unistrut steel support, etc.
• Experience with the entire construction process of a project
• Understanding of all building trades, materials, and methods with a special emphasis on Mechanical and Electrical trades
• Strong project management abilities
• Substantial prior experience in managerial or supervisory roles
• Proficiency with multiple computer operating systems and software applications
• Reading comprehension of technical documents and CAD drawings
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Exemplary analytic problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Proven leadership skills with a large and diverse workforce
• Ability to nurture effective professional relationships with staff, clients & other trades
• Professional demeanor and attitude & confidence to thrive under pressure
Physical Demands of this position:
• Ability to safely, frequently, and independently move and handle up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to stand, kneel and crouch for long periods of time, climb ladders and scaffolding
• work in high places and in small cramped places
• Some travel will be required
• Must be able to maintain a safety-minded approach to all activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Candidate will be working directly with Project Manager and support staff
• The position of installation requires the following attributes: technical capability, professionalism, self- motivation, self-discipline, focus, and attention to detail and punctuality
• Schedule and track assignments
• Serve as back up Project Manager when necessary, conducting site walks, meetings, and scheduling as needed.
• Uses company-approved installation methods and techniques.
• Daily update for client projects in project management software.
• Ensures all work complies with company policies, procedures, standards, and conventions.
• Maintain positive communications with both internal and external stakeholders ensuring that quality, performance, and materials meet required schedules and expectations
• A/V rack construction, pulling cable and preparing equipment for installation
• Oversee installation of; completed A/V racks, projectors, monitors, video conferencing and related mounts, etc.
• Assists with testing of system components and commissioning
• Verify system physical completion is in accordance with installation drawings and specifications
• Help maintain technician schedules & timecard management
• Provide guidance on skills assessment/analysis as needed for annual review and mentorship
• Ability to maintain a positive motivational environment & willingness to mentor and train technicians
• Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment inventory and assigned tools
• Comply with all aspects of the Employee Handbook, Installation Handbook, Tech Ops Operating Procedures, and all other Policies & Directives provided
• Ensures proper safety practices on project sites, warehouse and conduct regular safety meetings per regulatory standards
• Handles other duties relative to the job as assigned by management
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• BA or BS preferred
• Technical school preferred
• CAD training highly preferred
• CTS, CTS-D preferred
• Training/certifications in Pro AV preferred
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Compensation negotiable D.O.E
• 401K, PTO, health insurance, per diem for travel, training allowances, manufacturer training, employee mentorships and career path development